A couple of weeks ago I was invited to participate in the ZZ2 #mouthwateringbox campaign I received this amazing box of delightful fresh products and had to create a delicious dish using two or more of the products found in the box. My imagination went crazy looking at all these fabulous veggies. I immediately opened up a packet of the sundried cherry tomatoes, a new product now on the shelves! They are so so good….just like sweeties. I had to stop my grandsons and myself from chowing through them all before I could produce a recipe! Be sure to read through to the end as there is something for you, my readers, in this too!
I did a lot of planning and have actually made a couple of dishes using these wonderful products which included onions, non irradiated garlic, 2 x sundried tomatoes, 2 x Romanita tomatoes, 2 Avocado Pears, 1 x Spanish Sante tomatoes, 1kg LSL Tomatoes, 1 box Bacio on the vine, 1 box Rigoletto on the vine and a very nifty little avocado tool. What a stash!
Here is the official dish that I am sharing with you:
4 Skinless Chicken breasts – patted dry, tenderloin removed and butterflied open with a sharp knife.
25g ZZ2 Sundried Cherry Tomatoes – reconstituted in 50ml boiling water & 10ml Olive Oil for 20 minutes
1 ZZ2 Non Irradiated Garlic clove – crushed or finely grated on a microplane
12 big Basil Leaves or more if smaller ones
4 Bocconcini Balls – cut into 4 slices each
½ ZZ2 Avocado Pear – pit removed and peeled then sliced into 12 thin slices
Salt and Pepper to season
16 Streaky Bacon slices
For the Sauce:
30mls White Wine
5mls Dijon or Wholegrain Mustard
- Preheat oven to 200deg Celcius
- Brush the bottom of a medium sized oven and hob proof dish with olive oil – the dish needs to be the size that the 4 breasts will fit in tightly together
- Strain all the liquid off the reconstituted tomatoes and mix the crushed or grated garlic into the tomatoes
- Place one butterflied chicken breast onto a board, season with salt and pepper then line the middle with 3 basil leaves (use 4 or 5 if they are small)
- Add one sliced Bocconcini ball on top and then ¼ of the tomato and garlic mixture
- Lay on 2 or 3 slices of avocado pear
- Fold the end of the breast closest to you over the filling and roll and tighten it gently then bring edges in from sides and roll over to the end opposite edge. Place aside with the folded ends underneath.
- Repeat with all the chicken breasts until all the ingredients are used up.
- Lay out 4 long slices of streaky bacon side by side on the board – if the slices are thinnish and not too long use a rolling pin or bottle to lightly roll over them to thicken and flatten and lengthen them a bit.
- Place one chicken breast in the middle of the bacon – folded over side uppermost this time as you want to fold the bacon over at angles to cover the folded over edges. Once completed place the chicken breast with the folded over bacon ends on the bottom in the prepared oven proof dish
- Repeat with the rest of the breasts and fit them in snuggly side by side in the dish so that when they bake they will not unravel.
- Bake for 25minutes then turn the temperature up to the highest it will go and turn the top grill on. Leave to grill and crisp up for 5 minutes maximum. Remove from oven and place the breasts on a plate in a warm place loosely covered with foil.
- Place the oven tray onto medium to high heat on the hob, deglaze the pan with the white wine and stir in the mustard. Once the wine has reduced add the cream to the pan and allow it to reduce and thicken, scraping all the caramelized bits off the sides and bottom of the pan with a spoon to add all the delicious flavour.
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Slice each breast diagonally into 4 or 5 slices and arrange each one on a plate with a bit of the creamy sauce poured over.
I served this delicious meal with roasted ZZ2 vine Rigoletto tomatoes, steamed snow peas and a velvety smooth, garlicky parmesan cauliflower mash
And now, dear South African readers, as promised earlier here is something for you! This is an invitation to you to tell ZZ2 what dish YOU would create with this same box of mouthwatering ingredients. To enter for this fantastic give away please pop over between today and 10 July 2015 to the ZZ2Facebook page and leave your entry as a comment on their page. All entries will go into the grand draw and the lucky winner will be the recipient of their own Mouthwatering Box, plus a nifty avocado tool PLUS a R1000 Checkers Voucher. This competition has nothing to do with browniegirlblog or myself and the lucky winner will be drawn by ZZ2 themselves.
Enjoy, and do enter into the give away. I look forward to watching out for your exciting ideas.
Disclaimer: I received the mouthwatering box plus a R300 Checkers Voucher from ZZ2 Farms. The words and recipe are my own.